- Kapikachchhu- Means its stellate hair cause itching over skin when come in contact with any body part
- Aatmagupta- As its fruit is covered by stellate hair as if making protective cover over itself
- Markati- Because it looks like a monkey due to stellate hair over it
- Kandura- As it causes kandu (Itching) when comes in contact with skin
- Shookashimbi- Means its seeds are like cereals in structure
Mucuna pruriata- Leguminosae
- Rasa (Taste)- Madhura (Sweet); Tikta (Bitter)
- Guna (Characteristics)- Guru (Heavy); Snigdha (Unctuous)
- Veerya (Potency)- Ushna (Warm)
- Vipaka (Post digestion effect)- Madhura (Sweet)
Effect of Kapikachchhu Powder on Tridoshas:
Kapikachchhu Powder pacifies Vata and increases Kapha and Pitta i.e. useful in management of diseases resulting from aggravation of air part of body and decrease of water and fire part of body.
Home Remedial Uses of Krauncha Powder in Ayurveda:
- Balya- It is one of the best nutritive Ayurvedic herb. It is recommended as the best dietary supplement for physical strength.
- Vrishya- One of the best aphrodisiac Ayurvedic herb.
- Bruhamna- Bruhamna means to add in the bulk of body. It is a natural herbal remedy for weight gain.
- Vatahari- Because of its sweet taste and hot potency it pacifies the destructive Vata Dosha.
- Bajikara- Means it is recommended therapy for male infertility and impotence as well as female infertility. It serves as good aphrodisiacs and induces an immediate sense of pleasurable excitement, along with increased fertile seminal secretions even in an aging person.