- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Anuloma Pranayama
- Ashtang Yoga
- Basics of Yoga
- Benefits of Meditation
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Chandra Bheda Pranayama
- Forms of Yoga
- How to Meditate
- Nadi Shodhana
- Parts of Ashtanga Yoga
- Pratiloma Pranayama
- Shitali Pranayama
- Sitkari Pranayama
- Surya Bheda Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Viloma Pranayama
- Yogic Philosophy
Human body is composed of Panchmahabhutas. Panchamahabhutas are present everywhere right from the grossest things up to the subtlest objects surround us. Mahabhutas are the states of energy. Fingers are also composed of these five elements and each finger represents a mahabhutas like the little finger represents the water element, the ring finger the earth, the middle represents ether, the index represents the air and the thumb represents the fire element. In Mudra when we press the fingers it helps control, suppress or depress that particular element represented by that finger, gives energy to our body system.
Method: Place thumb down on middle finger and keep all remaining three fingers comfortably straight.
- Revitalizing energy
- Nervous strength
- Helps in reducing body weight.
- Reduces cholesterol
- Brings down anxiety
- Helps in indigestion
Method: The thumb and index finger are brought together gently while all the other fingers remain upright
- Peace of mind
- Sharp Memory
Method: Place the tip of the ring finger on top of the tip of the thumb. Extend all the other fingers and keep them comfortably straight as possible.
- Liver disorders
- Inner stability
- Strengthens body and mind
- Glowing skin
- Increases energy
Place thumb down on little finger and keep all remaining three fingers comfortably straight.
- To enhance beauty
- Removes impurities from the blood
- Restores moisture to skin
- Painful cramps
Method: Bring the index finger to the base of the thumb and press gently the thumb over it. Let the other fingers be straight. It is supposed to be more effective when practised.
- Helps in arthritis
- Effective to treat trembling in Parkinson.
- Helps cure paralysis
- Useful for facial paralysis
- Removes the catching of nerve in the neck
- Helps to cure gas in the stomach.
Join your palms in front of your chest and lock the facing fingers together keeping your thumbs upright. Hold for 3 minutes, release and repeat twice.
- Weight Reduction
- Colds and Coughs
- Strengthens lungs
- Improves Digestion
Make sure you drink plenty of water as Linga Mudra generates heat in your body.
Join the tip of the thumb to the tip of the middle finger and the ring finger, having the other fingers stretched out.
- Helps eliminate waste matter from the body from eyes, mouth, nose and ears.
- It helps to regulate diabetes.
- It reduces constipation and urine obstruction
Bend the middle finger; press it at the root of the thumb simultaneously the thumb pressing the finger as shown.
- It helps in strengthening the gums
- Cures diseases of throat and thyroid
- It relieves an earache within 4 or 5 minutes.
Bend the third finger and touch the tip of thumb with the finger tip keeping the remaining two (index and middle) fingers
- Pran Mudra activates the root chakra and increases vitality.
- It improves the eye sight and helps in other disorders of eyes
- Prana Mudra boost the immune system
- Prana Mudra gives the power of brain cells
- Prana Mudra beneficial to all disease
- It improves the vitamin deficiency
The left thumb should be held in the right fist and then the left index finger should touch the right thumb.
- Tone therapy
- It beneficial in any type of speech defects,
- It helps in Indigestion,
- This Mudra increases appetite
Method: This Mudra is formed by joining together the tips of the thumb and middle finger.
- It develops noble, elevated thoughts.
- This Mudra detoxifies the body by the elimination of metabolic wastes (through exhaled air, Sweat, urine and stools).
- This Mudra overcome discomfort caused by over-eating
- In High blood pressure, irregular heart-beats, angina pectoris
Method: - join your fingers (except the index finger) to the tip of your thumb. This is called Udana Mudra.
- Develops the flow of energy and Chetna (alertness) in all the parts of body. This is one of the main functions of this Mudra.
- Cures many kinds of problems of the chest and navel area.
- Practice of this Mudra helps in developing the natural glow of the skin; and also overcomes various other skin problems.
- If the power of speech has been lost or has become defective, this mudra will help a lot.