- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Yashtimadhu: Glycyrrhiza glabra: also known as licorice roots is an excellent natural herb for treating throat congestions, coughs, respiratory disorders and tuberculosis.
Yashtimadhu also helps in relieving hyperacidity, soothing peptic ulcers, liver diseases and abdominal aches. Yashtimadhu rejuvenates all the systems of the body. Yashtimadhu specially nourishes eyes, hairs, voice box and the nervous system. It specially improves memory and analytical abilities of a fellow.
Pittashaman by Madhura rasa.
Yastimadhu is helpful in disorders induced by vata and pitta.
|Katu, Tikta||Laghu, Ruksha||Ushna (Hot)||Katu|
- Yastimadhu is refrigerant, analgesic, anti inflammatory and helps in hair growth.
- Yastimadhu applied locally in poisoning and ulcerated wounds. Surgical wounds are healed with the local application.
- Yastimadhu acts as expectorant. Therefore used in hoarseness of voice and cough.
- Yastimadhu is useful in fever in tuberculosis, chronic fever, cough and chest pain.
- Yastimadhu is haemostatic, haematinic and purifies blood. Thus it is used in anaemia and bleeding disorders.
- Yastimadhu gives strength to nerve system, thus used in vatavyadhi and amavata.
- Yastimadhu is diuretic and gives colour to urine due to sheet Virya.
- Yastimadhu is Snigdha and helps easy micturation thus used in dysuria, pyorrhea and pittaja prameha.
- Yastimadhu is antiemetic.
- Yastimadhu powder used for face pack. It makes the skin smooth and reddish like red lotus.
- Yastimadhu decoction is used to wash eyes. It is used in conjunctivitis caused by vata-pitta.
|Best Recommended Uses|
For rejuvenation of brain tissue i.e. to improve memory and analytical abilities the person should take Yashtimadhu powder with milk.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|The dose for Yashtimadhu is 3-5gm of roots powder|