- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Vasaka: Adhatoda vasica also known as Malabar nut is especially useful in respiratory problems; it is because of its brocho dilator and soothing effect of the respiratory system.
Used in many disorders of kapha and pitta.
|Tikta, Kashaya||Laghu, Snigdha||Shita||Katu|
- Vasaka is the best drug for respiratory system disorders due to its action on blood flow and vagus nerve action, mainly on lungs.
- Vasaka liquefies the kapha which gets expectorated.
- Vasaka causes bronchodilation and therefore breathing becomes easier.
- Vasaka is used in asthma, breathlessness and throat infection.
- Vasa is useful in chest congestion and tuberculosis.
- Vasaka is diuretic and kusthaghana and thus useful in skin infections especially those with discharges and bleeding.
- Vasaka is vasodilator, it increases the heart rate and reduces blood pressure.
- Vasaka is haemostatic and blood purifier.
- Vasaka leaf paste is analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and cures skin disease.
- Vasaka local application of paste is useful in arthritis, inflammatory ulcers and nerve disorders.
- To kill bacteria in ulcers, the affected area is treated with Vasaka leaf juice.
- Vasaka contract small blood vessels so it is useful in bleeding disorders, bleeding piles, menorrhagia and haemoptysis.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Vasaka Powder is specially recommended in cough, emaciation and bleeding disorders specially hemoptysis.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|The dose is 3-6 gm of leaves powder; 10-20 ml of fresh leaves.|