- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Varuna; Crataeva nurvala or three leaved caper is the drug of choice for all urinary problems which include kidney stones, painful/ burning urination.
Varuna also possesses hepato protective property which makes it very useful in digestive problems also. Varuna also possesses anti tumor property which makes it beneficial in extra growths of thyroid as well as in hyper trophy of prostate.
Effect on Doshas: - Varuna pacifies Kapha and Vata Doshas therefore it is used in Kapha Vata diseases.
Tikta, Madhura, Kashaya
- Varuna Bark powder applied on the skin, acts like application of mustard. So it is used in inflammation, abscess and lymphadenopathy.
- Varuna is appetizer, makes the movements of flatus and feces downward, excretes Pitta, removes the impacted stool, anti infective, therefore used in distension, loss of appetite, pain, liver diseases and worms.
- The decoction of Varuna bark is used for purification of blood, gout, internal abscess and lymphadenopathy.
- Varuna destroys urinary calculi, dysuria and pain in bladder. Its bark powder or decoction is used in these disorders.
- Varuna’s main action is on urinary calculi. In urinary calculi Varuna is given along with Apamarg, Gokshura, Yavakshar, and Punarnava.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage: - Bark; Varuna Bark should be taken in dosage of 3-6 gm in powder form and 50 – 100ml as decoction.