- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Vacha: Acorus calamus is especially useful to improve voice; it is named so as it improves the Vachan Shakti – ability to speak.
Vacha is one of the best rejuvenating herbs for nervous system; it directly acts on speech centers in brain thus improves speaking ability. Vacha is useful in calming the restless mind thus it alleviates anxiety, insanity and other psychological ups and downs. Vacha also improves working of digestive and urinary system.
|Katu, Tikta||Laghu, Teekshna, Sara||Ushna (Hot)||Katu|
- Vacha is very useful for the nervous system. Well known medicine for brain science ages.
- Vacha is highly effective in mania, epilepsy and other brain disorders.
- Vacha is helpful in clearing the passage of air in rhinitis. It reduces convulsions and pain.
- Vacha is useful in spasmodic contraction of body and paralysis.
- Vacha is the best medicine for children having lower intellectual level.
- Vacha powder in small doses with honey is given daily to children for their body strength as well as intellectual level improves.
- Vacha is used in heart disease as it controls the heart rate.
- Vacha is useful in alleviating kapha and vata of respiratory tract, so it is used extensively in cough, asthma, pharyngitis and laryngitis.
- Vacha is useful in dysuria caused by kapha also useful in lithotrypsic.
- Vacha is an oxytocic used in painful labour.
- Vacha acts as an appetizer and antidipsetic due to its katu rasa and ushna veerya.
- Vacha reduces abdominal colic by acting on worms caused by kapha.
- Vacha is the best drug for inducing emesis for removal of kapha.
- Vacha is an extremely useful medicine for teething problems in children.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Sticks of Vacha should be chewed to improve quality of voice. It is said that even a dumb child also starts speaking if he chews Vacha stick in routine.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
The dose is 0.5 – 1gm of root powder