- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Ushira; also known as Khuskhus Grass; or Vetiveria zizanioides is among the best Ayurveda herbs useful for pacifying the Pitta Dosha. It is just like nectar in summer season as it alleviates all the health issues related to the summer season.
It corrects the digestive system; and benefits in nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It is also of great use in bleeding tendencies and ADHD.
Effect on Doshas: -Kapha Pacifier (due to Tikta, Ruksha and Laghu properties). Pitta Pacifier (due to Shita Virya) useful in Kapha Pitta disorders.
|Ruksha, Laghu,||Tikta, Madhura,||Katu||Shita|
- A thin layer of Ushira is cool, refrigerant, deodorant and reduces perspiration (Charaka) the mat curtains made up of usher are used in hot summer to reduce temperature by wetting the mat periodically.
- Ushira gives strength to the stomach. It reduces gastric secretion ad hence is useful in acid-peptic disease.
- Ushira is a carminative, appetizer, antidipsetic, antiemetic and astringent. It is useful in loss of appetite, indigestion, anorexia, diarrhea and fever.Fruit of Bilva and usher are given in amoebic dysentery.
- Ushira is a blood purifier because of Tikta rasa. It reduces extra water from blood. It is haemostatic and cardioprotective. It is useful in epistaxis. It is used internally as well as externally in diaphoresis.
- Ushira is used in cough, hiccups and bronchial asthma.
- Ushira gives strength to the brain and nerves. It is useful in unconsciousness vertigo and brain disorders.
- Ushira is diuretic due to Shita property and it is useful in dysuria. Sherbet of khus is given in summer to avoid burning micturation and dysuria.
- Ushira is deodorant, hence useful in skin disorders.
- Ushira is antipyretic; Tikta rasa is always known to be best antipyretic. It also controls diaphoresis.
- Ushira is useful in burning, thirst and temperature associated with fever.
- Tikta rasa reduces flabbiness of muscles. It gives strength to body organs. Ushira is an antidote and also useful in tuberculosis.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used: - -Root;
Dosage: - -Powder- 3-6 gms, extract 10-20 cc, cold infusion – 30-60 cc. hot infusion – 40-80cc.