- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Shirisha, Albizzia lebbek is one of the main herbs indicated as anti-toxin in Ayurveda.
Shirisha is a herb to relief the bronchial asthma because it expels all the toxins out of the body and also purifies the blood. Shirisha opens the channels of the body by removing the Ama and this took place in lungs mostly and that makes Shirisha a herb of choice for respiratory disorders. Because it removes the toxins so relieves in inflammatory conditions also so effective in inflammatory joint disorders too.
Effect on Doshas: Tridoshashamak. It reduces Vata by its ushna veerya and Kapha Pitta by kashaya and tikta rasa. Its overall action is to reduce all the three Doshas. Very few dravyas have such action.
|kashaya, Bitter sweet;||laghu, ruksha, tikshna;||mild ushna||Katu|
- Shirisha very effective in dental problems. In toothache and loosens of tooth gargling with bark decoction is done.
- Shirisha is used in eye diseases, especially in night blindness, leaf juice or decoction is dropped in the eyes.
- Shirisha has helpful in purifies blood so that it can be used in skin diseases, specially for herpes
- Shirisha also works as an anti-inflammatory, beneficial in inflammatory condition like arthritis, spondylitis and lymphadenopathy.
- Shirisha has special action of Shivovirechan (nasya) and kaphaghna therefore it used in rhinitis, cough etc.
- Shirisha is also best herbal remedy for asthma, flower juice is given with honey and piper longum (pippali) powder.
- Shirisha beneficial in poor semen quality, seed powder with milk is given for virilization.
- Shirisha act as an antitoxic so that it recommended in all toxic conditions. In organic and inorganic poisoning, bark decoction or seed powder are used.
- Shirisha improves complexion of skin.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Part Used:- Bark, seeds, leaves flowers. We prefer the use of the bark and supply Shirisha Bark.