- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Sharpunkha also known as Tephrosia purpurea or Wild indigo/ fish poison is the drug of choice for all liver and spleen disorders.
As spleen plays an important in maintenance of the RBCs; so Sharpunkha is very useful in maintaining normal hemoglobin level and functioning of blood. By improving the liver functions; Sharpunkha corrects the working of the digestive system and benefits in metabolic disorders. Sharpunkha benefits in cough and respiratory distress. It also possesses kidney protecting property.
Effect on Doshas: - Sharpunkha pacifies Kapha Vata Doshas so it is quite useful in diseases of Kapha and Vata origin.
- Sharpunkha alleviates inflammation, benefits in skin diseases; and possesses antidotal, bactericidal, wound healing and haemostatic.
- Sharpunkha is useful in toothache.
- Sharpunkha works well in loss of taste and improves appetite, makes the movements of flatus and feces downwards.
- Sharpunkha stimulates liver for better bile secretion and possesses parasiticidal properties.
- Sharpunkha also possesses anti diabetic and lipid lowering properties. .
- Sharpunkha is expectorant, diuretic, and uterine stimulant.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Roots, whole Plant; the dosage is 3-6 gm powder both for whole plant powder as well as for roots powder.