- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Sarpagandha Rauwolfia serpentina also known as Indian snake root; is a very useful herb specially for regulating the blood pressure.
It calms down the agitated mind thus works on mind heart axis thus normalizing the blood pressure. It also induces natural sleep. Besides all these Sarpagandha is also very beneficial for the digestive system.
- Juice of Sarpagandha leaves can be applied to the eyes as a remedy for corneal opacity.
- Because of Ushna Virya and Tikta Guna Sarpagandha acts as an appetizer, digestive, cholagogue, anthelmintic, hence it is used in loss of appetite, helminthiasis etc.
- Sarpagandha reduces the heart rate and dilates blood vessels with lowering of blood pressure. Because of this special property of reducing the blood pressure, Sarpagandha is a universally known medicine for high blood pressure.
- Sarpagandha is very effective on mental symptoms arising from hypertension.
- Sarpagandha reduces libido and increases menstrual bleeding. So it is used for priapism and excessive libido.
- Sarpagandha reduces pain of Dysmenorrhea.
- Sarpagandha is also used to increase uterine contraction during labor.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Sarpagandha roots powder should be taken in dosage of 1-2 gm for normalizing high blood pressure; 3-6 gm for restlessness, anxiety and inducing sleep.