- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Punarnava; Boerhavia diffusa also known as spreading hogweed itself means which becomes anew every year.
Similar to its name it rejuvenates the whole body i.e. with routine use of Punarnava a fellow become young again – full of vigor and vitality. Punarnava corrects the digestive system, alleviates fluid retention and very useful in managing heart diseases. Punarnava also benefits in anemia, hernia and respiratory distress. Punarnava can also be taken in liver problems and managing lipids and cholesterol in healthy limits.
|Madhura, Tikta, Kashaya||Laghu (BH.P), Ruksha||Ushna (Hot)||Madhura|
- Punarnava has a diuretics, Anti-inflammatory and carminative properties.
- For anti-inflammatory effect, Punarnava should use with sunthi.
- Punarnava is also a good Rasayana so useful in Aamavata.
- Punarnava Root is anticonvulsant, analgesic, expectorant, CNS depressant, laxative, diuretic, abortifacient.
- Punarnava has been reported to increase serum protein level and re duce urinary protein extraction in clinical trials in patients su?ering with nephrotic syndrome.
- Punarnava is used for local application in the form of poultice or fermentation in oedema.
- Punarnava leaf juice is used in the eyes for topical application.
- Punarnava act as diuretic in dysuria.
- Punarnava roots rubbed in honey are locally applied for cataract, chronic conjunctivitis, blepharitis.
- Punarnava useful in reducing swelling and foul smelling in skin disorders.
- Punarnava is useful in heart disease, anemia, oedema.
- Punarnava leaves vegetable is consumed to reduce oedema.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Punarnava corrects the water metabolism of the body in this way it is very useful in all health problems which cause fluid retention and edema in the body.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|The dose of roots powder/ seeds powder/ whole plant is 2-4 gm while juice of fresh roots should be taken in dose of 5-10ml.|