- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Palash also known as Butea monospermaor flame of the forest is recommended in the digestive disturbances specially involving the liver functions. It also benefits a lot in spleen disorders.
Palash powder should be taken for proper healing of bone fractures. It is also recommended as a supplement to prevent age related changes in bones.
Effect on Doshas: - Palash pacifies the Kapha Pitta Doshas; hence Palash is used in disorders induced by Kapha and Pitta.
Katu, Tikta, Kashaya,
- Palash flowers, bark and gum are astringent. Seed is curative. Leaves alleviate pain and swelling. In retention of urine, warm flowers and leaves are tied over umbilicus and lower abdomen.
- Decoction of the Palash bark is used for washing wounds, piles and vaginal discharges.
- Paste of Palash seeds is useful in skin disorders, edema and eye disease. Oil is used for massage in rheumatism.
- Palash is an appetizer, astringent and liver stimulant.
- Palash flowers are antidipsetic; gum is an antacid and astringent. Palash Kshara is a good laxative.
- Palash bark decoction is useful in anorexia, sprue and hemorrhoids.
- Flowers are useful in dyspepsia and diarrhea.
- Palash seed powder if given in a dose of 1 to 3 gram every morning and evening for 3 consecutive days and castor oil on the 4th day acts as vermicidal for round worms –ascaris lumbricoidis.
- Kshara prepared from the small tree of Palash is useful in ascites, digestive disturbance and pain.
- Palash Kshara is effective in haemoptysis.
- Palash bark decoction is effective in fever and cold.
- Palash flowers are diuretic, hence useful in dysuria.
- Steamed Palash flowers are tied over lower abdomen in retention of urine.
- Decoction of Palash flowers is useful in vaginal discharges.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Flowers, Bark, Leaf, seeds, and gum are the useful parts of Palash the dosages is flower powder 3-6 gms Bark decoction 50 – 100 ml; Leaf juice 10 to 20 ml; Gum- ½ to 1 gm. Seed powder – 3-6gm