- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Nagkeshar, Messua ferrea is a drug of choice for the problems with the slow digestion and it helps to get rid of the Ama deposited in the digestive system. Nagkeshar is a herb of choice for natural cure of bleeding piles, when taken with the buttermilk. Nagkeshar also works as a hemostatic herb- which reduces the excessive bleeding from the body, so Nagkeshar is proficiently used in the conditions like heavy menstrual flow and even in a small condition of bleeding gums.
Iron Wood Tree- Nagkeshara is close to the great herb of Keshara- Nagkeshara works similarly as an aphrodisiac just like Keshara.
English Name: Iron Wood tree, Cobra’s saffron.
Effect on Doshas: Kapha-pitta-Pacifying so useful in disorder induced by Kapha-Pitta and also a drug for the Kapha Pitta body Type.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Nagkeshar
|Kashaya, tikta;||Laghu and ruksha||Slightly ushna||Katu|
- Nagkeshar is beneficial to improve digestive capacity of stomach so that undigested wasteful substances (Ama) are not harm the body system.
- Nagkeshar mixed with SHATDAUT ghee is applied on burning palms and soles.
- Nagkeshar has brain tonic it is useful in brain debility and hysteria.
- Nagkeshar is used in anorexia, distaste, dyspepsia, emesis, worms
- Nagkeshar acts as a haemostatic in bleeding piles, dysentery and menorrhagia It should be given as a single drug.
- Nagkeshar is used in cough induced by kapha, dyspnoea and hiccoughs as it alleviates kapha.
- Nagkeshar is used as a aphrodisiac
- Nagkeshar has Diuretic, hence useful in retention of urine.
- Nagkeshar is used in skin disorder, erysipelas.
- Nagkeshar is beneficial to treat chronic fever and excessive thrist.
- Nagkeshar is used to relieve pain in throat and head region.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Seeds and Stamen are the useful parts of Nagkeshara and its recommended dose is 2-3 gm taken in powder form