- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Methika also known as Trigonella foenum graecum; is one of the best Vata pacifier Ayurveda herb which makes it very useful as a tonic for aged fellows. It minimizes the age related wear and tear in the body. Methika can be taken in routine without any problem. Vata pacifying characteristic makes Methika a useful herb for general weakness and debility. Methika Powder is mixed in dietary supplements for a diabetic fellow.
Latin Name:- Trigonella – treis = three, gona = angle, little triangle; foenum = hay or grossum = large.
Effect on Doshas: Vata kaphaghna.
- Since Methika is an appetizer and carminative, it is useful in anorexia, loss of appetite and fever.
- Women are advised to consume Methika seeds in the post natal period to improve excretory and menstrual functions.
- Methika is used in dyspepsia. Indigestion, rheumatoid arthritis and also as an aphrodisiac.
- Roasted seeds of Methika in the form of infusion are indicated in diarrhea and small pox.
- Methika porridge is used as galactogogue.
- Being astringent, roasted seeds of Methika along with dry grapes and common salt are given in diarrhea.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Methika powder is specially recommended for aged fellow to counteract the age related wear and tear in the body.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Seed and whole plant, Powder – 2 to 6 gm