- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Manjishtha: Rubia cordifolia also known as Indian madder; is one of the best blood purifier Ayurveda herbs.
As Manjishtha purifies the blood it is useful in all blood originating diseases like skin diseases, bleeding tendencies etc. Manjishtha improves complexion of skin, improves quality of voice and improves functioning of liver. Manjishtha also corrects the functioning of the whole urinary system and prevents kidney stones.
Manjishtha is a drug of choice in case of Gouty Arthritis and other metabolic disorders.
Effect on Doshas: -
|Madhura, Tikta, Kashaya||Guru||Ushna (Hot)||Katu|
- Manjistha is anti-inflammatory. It heals wounds and helps in skin disorders.
- Manjistha paste is applied on inflammation, ulcers and skin disorders.
- Manjistha is good appetizer and has good digestive capacity.
- Manjistha has astringent property that reduces motility and anthelmintic. Therefore used in diarrhoea, dysentery associated with bleeding and different helminthes.
- Manjistha stimulates uterus. It increases flow and it purifies breast milk. It is used to purifies the uterus and breast milk after delivery.
- Manjistha removes the renal stone.
- Manjistha is used in fever, especially chronic pyrexia and fever after delivery.
- Manjistha beneficial in different skin disorders related with pigmentation, weakness, general debility and poisoning.
- Manjistha used in skin diseases like leprosy, erysipelas, vitiligo and hypopigmentation. In these conditions Manjistha is given in honey.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Powder of Manjishtha roots is taken in dose of 2-4 gm while the dose for decoction of Manjishtha roots is 50-100ml.|