- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Lodhra Symplocos racemosa is among the best Ayurveda herbs to alleviate all the health issues of females. It is recommended for gynecological problems especially in frequent abortion.
Lodhra nourishes the skin and benefits in acne, wrinkles and other health issues related with skin; because of this Lodhra is an important ingredient of Ayurveda skin packs. Lodhra also possesses anti diabetic and liver protecting characteristics.
Effect on Doshas: - Lodhra is useful in pacifying Kapha – Pitta and diseases arising from these.
- Lodhra removes edema and is antileprosy, haemostatic and wound healing. Hence its paste is used in skin diseases, swelling, bleeding wounds and ulcers.
- Lodhra reduces pain and edema.
- Ear discharge is treated with the powder of Lodhra.
- Since it strengthens the gums, the powdered bark of Lodhra is used in tooth powders.
- Lodhra is astringent and hence is useful in diarrhea, dysentery and tenesmus (constant urge to pass urine/stool).
- Since Lodhra is a coagulant, it is used in bleeding disorders. Lodhra causes excellent vasoconstriction of capillaries thus stopping bleeding and reducing swelling.
- Lodhra reduces brochial secretion (mucoid discharge) and cough.
- Lodhra is externally useful in conjunctivitis. The decoction is used for eye washes poultice prepared from Lodhra is used to foment the eyes.
- Lodhra is useful in skin diseases requiring purification of the skin
- Lodhra is especially useful in inflammation of the uterus and reduces leucorrhea and menorrhagia. Decoction is used for douche in diseases of the uterus.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Lodhra is very useful in maintaining healthy pregnancy and to avoid any possible miscarriage.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Lodhra bark is taken in dosage of 3-6 gm powder/ 50-100 ml of decoction.