- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Kushth Saussurea luppa; Costus is recommended for the rejuvenation of each and every part of the body.
It specially nourishes the reproductive organs i.e. why it is often recommended as a supplement in infertility. It also works well in menstrual disorders especially painful menstrual cycle. Kushth is also beneficial in skin diseases. It is also useful as an anti ageing supplement.
Effect on Doshas: Kushth pacifies the Kapha and Vata Doshas; hence it is used in many Vata Kapha diseases.
|Tikta, Katu, Madhura||Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna||Katu||Ushna|
- Kushth removes foul smell; possesses antibacterial, analgesic, complexion enhancer properties and benefits in skin diseases, therefore it is used in chronic ulcers, headache, toothache, synovitis, rheumatoid arthritis, dermatitis as a poultice or fumigation.
- Kushth is applied locally in alopecia. Kushth oil is used for massaging the gums.
- Kushth is appetizer, digestive and carminative i.e. why it is used in loss of appetite, indigestion, ascites, colicky pain, diarrhea and cholera.
- In rheumatoid arthritis, castor oil + Kushth are given orally.
- Kushth pacifies the Kapha Dosha and is expectorant and hence used in cough, asthma pleurisy hiccups and dyspnoea.
- Kushth is used as a diuretic in renal disease.
- Kushth is uterine stimulant, enhances ovulation, breast milk, improves semen quality, aphrodisiac and therefore used in amenorrhea, Dysmenorrhea and as a uterine tonic in post partum conditions.
- Kushth is a galactogogue. It acts as an aphrodisiac by improving semen quality. It produces stimulant action on the reproductive organs of both sexes when given along with turmeric, honey and ghee.
- Kushth improves blood circulation and complexion of the skin.
- Kushth is febrifuge and therefore useful in Vata Kapha fevers.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Kushth root powder should be taken in dosage of ½ - 1 gm.