- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Kantakari; Solanum xanthocarpum- is a drug of choice for the conditions like bronchitis because it dilutes the mucus (Kapha) and relaxes the air passages of the lungs (Vata) at a same time.
So use of Kantakari in above conditions never just pacifies the problem but also remove all the root cause of the problem. For deworming of your baby and Kantakari can be used regularly as a natural way for deworming.
English Name:- Wild egg plant.
Effect on Doshas:- Kapha Vata Pacifying due to ushna veerya.
|Tikta, katu||Laghu, Ruksha;||Ushna.||Katu|
- Kantakari is analgesic, anti-inflammatory and has antibacterial properties. Therefore its fumes are inhaled in dental caries, dental pain and piles.
- Kantkari is used a neurological disorders like epilepsy and convulsions as a stimulant due to its irritant property.
- Kantkari being katu, tikta and ushna, it can be used as a appetizer and carminative.
- Kantkari irritant nature helps in purgation and in dewormification.
- Kantkari act as a cardiac stimulant therefore is used in all types of cardiac disorders.
- Kantkari posses blood purifier and anti-inflammatory property so it used in blood disorders and inflammation.
- Kantakari is the drug of choice on cough. It helps in Vataj type of cough. It helps as an expectorant and demulcent.
- Kantkari its diuretic property helps in renal calculi and dysuria.
- Kantkari being ushna (hot) in nature, it increases perspiration.
- Kantkari is useful in many skin disorders.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts used:- Panchang (whole plant) of the Kantakari is used.