- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Kanchanar; Bauhinia variegata is the herb of choice for all types of extra growths in the body. It is specially recommended for extra growths in thyroid and imbalance of thyroid hormones.
Kanchanar is good for the skin and also benefits in prolapsed of anus. It also benefits in excessive bleeding per vaginum.
Effect on Doshas: - Kanchanar pacifies Kapha Dosha by Ruksha, Laghu and Tikta properties; pacifies Pitta Dosha Shita Virya and therefore it is used in Kapha Pitta diseases.
- Kanchanar helps in wound cleaning and healing, it cures skin disorders and inflammations. Decoction is used for washing wounds and skin disorders.
- The Bark ground in a paste is useful in lymphadenitis. Decoction made from its bark, pods of Babool (Acacia) tree and flowers of pomegranate is used for gargles in oral disorders.
- Decoction of Kanchanar is used for fomentation in rectal prolapsed.
- Kanchanar has astringent and anthelmintic properties but it causes vomiting in excess dose.
- Astringent property of Kanchanar is useful in diarrhea, dysentery, rectal prolapsed, hemorrhoids and helminthiasis.
- Kanchanar enhances emetic action when used in conjunction with emetic drugs.
- Gulkand prepared from the flowers is used in constipation, while dried buds are used in hemorrhoids.
- Kanchanar acts as haemostatic and reduces the inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- Kanchanar is effective in hemorrhagic disorders.
- Kanchanar is very useful in cough.
- Kanchanar controls polyurea in diabetes.
- In menorrhagia, Kanchanar acts as a haemostatic by astringent property.
- Kanchanar is used in skin diseases. Mixture of Kanchanar bark, rice water, and ginger is effective in osteoporosis.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Kanchanar is specially recommended for extra growths in thyroid and disturbed thyroid hormone levels.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage: - Leaves root bark and flowers are the useful parts of Kanchanar; these are given in dosage of 3-6 gm of powder or 40-80 ml of decoction.