- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Because its root has thick and too many hairs (Jata in Sanskrit) it brings the name Jatamansi to this wonderful herb. Jatamansi relieves the stress, anxiety and depression and induces healthy sleep. Healthy sleep mean- without any addiction and depression effect.
Jatamansi is a herb of choice for natural support for mental disorders like schizophrenia and epilepsy.
English name:- Valeman.
Effect on Doshas: Vatashamak by snigdha; pittashamak by sheeta, tikta, kashaya, madhur, kaphashamak by tikta and tikshna. Ultimately it is tridoshashamak but specially kapha-pittanashak.
Ayurvedic Pharmacology of Jatamansi
|Tikta, kashaya, Madhur||Laghu, tikshna, snigdha||Sheeta||Katu|
- Jatamansi improves the complexion and is antipyretic.
- Jatamansi paste is also used in inflammation and pain.
- Jatamansi acts on digestive, circulatory, urinary, nervous, skin and also reproductive system i.e. on all systems of the body.
- Jatamansi is a brain and health tonic.
- Jatamansi is used to reduce burning sensation all over the body.
- Jatamansi is best used in convulsions and pain, in epilepsy, hysteria, syncope etc. so it is called as bhutaghna or rakshoghna.
- Jatamansi is one of the best medicines for headache, and is also a sedative.
- Jatamansi is used in loss of appetite, abdominal distension, abdominal pain and amoebiasis.
- Jatamansi also helpful in liver enlargement and jaundice by cholagogue action.
- Jatamansi is useful in infertility, dysmenorrhoea and uterine inflammation.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
roots – dose 1-3 gm should be used (fresh)