- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Haritaki; Terminalia chebula is termed as the mother of human beings. As a mother never does bad for her progeny similarly Haritaki never does bad for health of a fellow.
Haritaki benefits a fellow in all aspects. Haritaki improves the working of digestive system, rejuvenates each and every part of the body; cleanse out the unnecessary wastes from the body; acts as a nervine tonic and improves eye sight. It is said about Haritaki that there is no disease which cannot be cured by Haritaki.
- By virtue of its Madhura, tikta and Kashaya rasa, it is pittaghana.
- By its katu, tikta and Kashaya rasa, it is kaphaghana.
- By its amla and madhur rasa, it is vata Ghana.
- It is helpful in many tridoshajanya disease, particulary useful as a rasayan in vatavyadhi.
|Kashaya||Laghu, Ruksha||Ushna (Hot)||Madhura|
Haritaki act as pittaghni in combination with sugar and vataghni when given when given with ghee or jiggery.
- Roasted Haritaki can be given in tridosha diseases.
- Haritaki is useful in weakness of the nerves and brain as well as in vata disorders and diminished vision.
- Haritaki is useful in loss of appetite, pain in abdomen, constipation, ascites, heamorroids, hepatomegaly, splenomegaly and parasites.
- Haritaki relieves constipation in chronic abdominal diseases.
- Haritaki bark if eaten after chewing it properly in the mouth, improves digestion.
- Haritaki powder used as a tooth powder, strengthens the gums.
- Rhinitis, cough, hoarseness of voice, hiccups and dyspnoea are relieved by Haritaki as it reduces conjection.
- Haritaki is useful in erysipelas and other skin disorders, Haritaki prevents accumulation of pus in skin disease and act as rasayana.
- Haritaki and oil is extremely helpful in healing of wounds.
- Haritaki local application is anti inflammatory.
- In conjunctivitis, Haritaki can be used for application on the eyelids.
- Haritaki decoction is used for washing wounds and also used for gargling in disease of the mouth and throat.
|Best Recommended Uses|
Haritaki is useful in balancing all the three Doshas. For Kapha disease Haritaki powder should be taken with Saindhav Salt, for Pitta diseases with candy sugar and for Vata diseases it should be taken with Ghruta.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|The dose of Haritaki fruit powder is 3-6 gm|