- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Haridra; Curcuma longa also known as turmeric which is a commonly found spice in kitchen is one of the best blood purifier.
Haridra is well known for its complexion enhancing action, anti bacterial activity and healing qualities. Along with these Haridra also possesses scraping action so help in removing the unwanted fats from the body; corrects metabolism and useful in anemia, diabetes and liver problems.
The anti cancerous properties of the haldi alias Haridra are well proven and tested, so this is important to use this herb in the era where we are prone to many carcinogens- everytime, everywhere!
NOTE: Haridra should be processed well with Ghee (Indian Purified Butter) and should be taken with the milk, otherwise the excessive Ruksha (Dryness) guna can aggravate the Vata Dosha and can bring some Dosha imbalance in the body.
|Katu, Tikta||Ruksha||Sheeta, Ushna (Hot)||Katu|
- Haridra is analgesic by ushna veerya.
- Haridra in case of injury, a mixture of turmeric and jiggery administered orally reduces pain and promotes circulation.
- Haridra is bitter in taste, appetizer, laxative, cholagogue and anthelmintic because of these properties it is used for treating loss of appetite, hepatitis, constipation, ascites and worms.
- Haridra stimulates blood formation, circulation and it is also haemostatic.
- Haridra is used in treating anemia, bleeding disorders and other blood disease.
- Haridra is useful as an expectorant. Inhalation of turmeric smoke reduces kapha.
- Haridra should be used un form in form of decoction or powder in diabetes.
- Haridra is used in postpartum period because of its purifying effect on uterus and breast milk.
- Haridra is used in several skin disease. It improves complexion.
- Haridra can be used in itching and skin eruption due to sheetpitta.
- Haridra is useful in pruritus and urticaria.
- Haridra smoke relieves hiccups, lower respiration and also relieves pain caused by scorpion bite.
- Other general uses as a home remedy Abscesses, Abdominal swelling, Acute bronchitis, Chicken pox, Common cold, Diabetes mellitus, Dropsy, Jaundice, Leprosy, Purulent opthalmia.
|Best Recommended Uses|
According to Ashtanga Samgraha; Haridra is the best Ayurveda medicine for treatment of all the metabolic disorders like diabetes.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
|Powder of dried rhizome of Haridra is taken in dose of 2-4 gm while the dose of juice of Haridra rhizome is 10-20 ml.|