- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Dhania; Coriandrum Sativum or coriander is an important part of Indian spices as it helps in proper working of the digestive system.
Dhania also improves the working of the urinary system. It supports the heart and circulatory system. Dhania is also well known for its anti diabetic, anti hyperlipidemic properties. It induces mental relaxation.
|Kashaya Tikta Madhura.||Laghu Snigdha||Ushna||Madhura.|
- Local application of Dhania seeds alleviates swelling and pains. Paste of green Dhania has very good action on headache caused by Pitta.
- Externally, powdered green Dhania alleviates burning sensation and pain.
- Being antidypsetic, appetizer, digestive, astringent, liver stimulant and anthelmintic, cold or hot infusion of Dhania is used in fever related thirst.
- Repeated administration of Dhania water is beneficial in distaste, emesis, anorexia, indigestion, dysentery, diarrhea, abdominal pain, piles and helminthiasis.
- Green Dhania is effective in bleeding disorders.
- Dhania is useful in cough and dyspnoea induced by Kapha.
- Dhania is a tonic of Majja Dhatu. Only pulp from coverless coriander should be taken and boiled with milk. This milk also cures vertigo syncope and memory loss.
- Dhania is the best diuretic; it is effective in dysuria and retention of urine which commonly occurs in summer season.
- Thandai (cold drink) of Dhania is useful in summer.
- Dhania is beneficial in prameha – A group of metabolic disorders which also include diabetes. .
- Dhania is astringent because of which it reduces Shukra Dhatu. So prolonged use and high quantity intake of Dhania should be avoided.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Seeds, whole plant (while green); Seed powder 3-6 gm. cold infusion 20-25 ml juice of whole plant 10-20 ml