- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Amalaki, Embelica officinalis which is also known as Indian Goose berry is one of the best Ayurveda rejuvenating herbs which specially nourish eyes, hair and skin. It is the best source of Vitamin C which makes it a best anti – oxidant herb also. It is also a best Pitta pacifying Ayurveda herb so for a Pitta fellow and the disease of Pitta origin the Amalaki powder is the drug of choice.
Now it is also proven that routine use of Amalaki is very useful in regularizing the fat metabolism and increase body’s ability to cope up with day to day stress.
- It is Tridoshahara, vata nashak by sour taste.
- It is Pitta nashaka by Madhura taste and sheet property and kaphanashak by ruksha property and Kashaya taste. So, this is choice of drug in Tridoshaghana but mainly pittanashaka.
All six tastes are present except salt
|Ruksha, Sheeta||Sheeta (Cold)||
- It is refrigerant, hair tonic, complexion enhancer.
- It strengthens nervous system, bone marrow and sense organs.
- It acts in loss in taste, loss of appetite, anorexia, constipation, liver disorders, acid peptic diseases, ascites and piles through it properties of digestion, laxation and rasayana.
- It is useful in heart disease, heamorrhagic diseases.
- It is used in diseases like cough, asthma, tuberculosis because of rejuvenating property.
- It is good brain tonic.
- Amalaki and chandana paste is best pittaj vomiting.
- Leaf juice useful in heamorrhagic dysentery.
- Amalaki fruits are kept overnight in water and eyes are washed with this water in the marning.
- Toothache is relieved by chewing fruit skin.
|Best Recommended Uses|
For Pitta Diseases, specially in problems with blood clotting. Hyperacidity and eye sight problems are the other problems where it is highly recommended.
We have very specail preparation of Amalaki- Amalaki Rasayana this is the fortified Amalaki Powder, where we process the Amalaki Powder with juice of Amalaki for 21 times.
|Doses and Useful Parts|
The dose for an adult of Amalaki is 4 to 5 gms in powder form.
We don't recommend the use of the Amalaki Juice, because it is not supported by Ayurvedic Text, in general!