- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
- Agar wood
- Aloe Ghritkumari
- Jamun Seed
- Mango seed
- Musali Kali
- Musali Safed
- Patola Patra
Agar wood Aquilaria agallocha or the Eagle wood/ aloe wood is one of the best aphrodisiac Ayurveda herbs.
It is often recommended in skin diseases. Agar wood also helps in maintaining the blood pressure in healthy limits. It promotes proper healing of the wounds and improves skin complexion.
Effect on Doshas: -Agar wood pacifies the Kapha Vata Dosha so it is generally used in Kapha Vata disorders.
|Katu, Tikta||Laghu, Ruksha, Tikshna||Ushna.||Katu,|
- The Local application of Agar wood is stimulant and fragrant. It is anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- It helps in skin disorders. It is used in static condition, chronic ulcers and wounds, ringworm skin diseases and inflammatory and painful condition.
- It benefits in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It also relieves itching in pruritus.
- It is a mouth freshener; carminative and appetizer.
- Agar Wood powder is given internally in rheumatoid arthritis, loss of appetite and other digestive ailments.
- Agar is a stimulant, improves blood circulation. It is used in gout.
- It reduces cough and helps in bronchitis and asthma.
- Agar wood is nerve stimulant and Vata pacifying in nature. It has been recommended in paralytic condition and Vata diseases.
- It relaxes the bladder, helps in preventing bedwetting and polyuria.
- Because of its cooling effect, Agar wood is used in fevers associated with chills, both internally and externally.
- Oil massage with Agar wood oil is effective in rigors in fevers.
|Best Recommended Uses|
|Doses and Useful Parts|
Parts Used & Dosage:- Inner bark and oil; the dosage is 1-3 gm of stem powder and 1-5 drops of oil.