- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Sign and Symptoms of Piles
Definition of Piles
Piles are dilated blood vessels in the rectal mucosa and around the anus . They are medically known as Piles.Piles are common in man and women.
Types of Piles:- There are two types of piles The symptoms of pathological Piles depend on the type present.
- External Piles- piles present outside the anus with pain in the area of the anus
- Internal Piles:-Piles present inside the anus.These piles usually present with painless rectal bleeding
Causes of Piles
- Straining- Straining & sitting improperly on the toilet is one of the most common causes of Piles.
- Chronic Constipation, Obesity, improper dietary habits, liver disease are some of the common factors for Piles.
- Old age- As we get older we lose skin cells, our skin becomes thinner and more prone to bruises and sores. This is why Piles among the elderly are common.
- Colon cancer can also cause Piles- It is important to have a Colonoscopy done if you have frequent Piles.
- Chronic coughing and sneezing can also cause Piles.
- Heavy lifting
- High blood pressure
- Muscular diseases
- Sitting too long – Unfortunately for those of us that have office jobs sitting for long periods it can cause Piles.
- IBS and other diseases such as Crohn’s may cause Piles.
- During pregnancy, pressure from the fetus on the abdomen and hormonal changes cause the hemorrhoidal vessels to enlarge
The most common symptom of Piles are swelling and irritation in or around the anus. Pain,itching and bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. However, an internal hemorrhoid may protrude through the anus outside the body, becoming irritated and painful. This is known as protruding (external) Piles.
Symptoms of external Piles may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external Piles.
Articles you should read: