- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Sign and Symptoms of Amoebiasis
What is the Amoebiasis?
Amoeba is an opportunistic infectious object which makes a fellow diseased only when his immune system is compromised because of any other health problem. This is the reason a person affected by Amoebic infection may remain asymptomatic for years.
Otherwise Amoebiasis is one of the commonest infection affecting human digestive system. The causative agent i.e. Entamoeba histolytica can burrow deep into the walls of the intestines; damages it and causes abscesses. From the intestinal walls, it can travel to the spleen, liver, and all other parts of the body, thereby causing further infection.
This is the reason simple Amoebiasis might result in serious complications if a proper treatment is not given at right time. Here are some signs which might be suggestive of the presence of Amoebiasis:
Signs suggestive of Amoebiasis
- Nausea and Vomiting: This indicates towards severe infection in digestive tract.
- Diarrhoea: Fellow with mild amoebiasis might pass stool three to eight times a day. Fragments of mucus and blood might be present in the stool.
- Blood in stools: It indicates towards chronic or more severe amoebiasis. There might be 10 - 20 episodes of motion
- Pain in abdomen
- Sudden weight loss
- Abdominal cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue and lethargy: Possibly because of loss of a lot of liquid from the body.
- Gaseous belching and flatulence
- Rectal pain during movement of bowel
Complications of Amoebiasis
Without proper treatment, Amoebiasis can lead to severe complications which include liver abscess, lung abscess, and brain abscess. These complications are characterized by the presence of pus in the liver, lung, and the brain respectively.
Articles you should read: