- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendations for Autoimmune Diseases
Diet Recommendations for Auto Immune Diseases:-
- Take a balanced wholesome diet.
- You should eat organic food and totally avoid processed food.
- Hot dogs and other junk foods have been associated with higher Auto immune disease rates.
- Do not eat soy products only fermented soy is ok for health.
- Avoid cooking foods in microwave. It alters the structure of the foods adversely.
- Do not consume genetically modified food in any way. Consumption of the genetically modified foods increases the risks of Auto immune diseases.
- For cooking purpose you should use sesame oil, mustard oil or coconut oil.
- Snacks in between main meals should consist of fruits and nuts.
- All the vegetables should be properly cooked so that it is easier to digest. Proper digestion will help in correcting the immune responses.
- Egg white contains anti-bacterial compounds which can bind to biotin and some other nutrients. So you should avoid egg white. If you wish to have the yolks, you can do so without restrictions, yolks are perfectly fine.
- The best immune boosters include sweet potatoes, carrots, arugula, kiwi, pineapple, papayas, mangoes, guava, cantaloupe, passion fruits, citrus fruits, bananas, grapes, berries, rosehips, hazelnuts, apples, endive, walnuts, cashews, almonds, pistachio nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, safflower oil, evening primrose oil, sesame seed and oil, bulgur, rice, corn, kidney beans, lima beans, green beans, lentils, snow peas, turkey, guinea fowl, pheasant, duck, chicken, fresh tuna, salmon, anchovy, mackerel, shrimp, yogurt, peppermint, chamomile, rosemary, ginger, onions, garlic, yams, rhubarb, pumpkin, avocadoes, cruciferous vegetables, watercress, nettle, spinach, Belgian endive, aduki beans, oats, wheat germ, quinoa, globe artichokes, and turmeric.
Lifestyle Recommendations for Auto Immune Diseases:
- You should start your day with a glass of lukewarm water as soon as you leave your bed.
- If you are feeling stiffness in the whole body; you should get in to a hot water tub or have a hot shower.
- You should do all measures to reduce stress. Find best stress-reducing activities for you it may be imagery, yoga, tai chi, meditation, or self-hypnosis; and practice them regularly to manage stress and reduce your pains.
- Sleep properly: if you are not getting the required sleep; stress level will increase which can trigger symptoms of problem. Sleep for at least seven hours each night so that your mind can be refreshed and your body can have the time it needs to repair tissues and joints.
- Manage your time. Fatigue is a common sign of Auto immune diseases so there are chances that you will try to complete too much work when you are feeling well. It will leave you feeling even more fatigued and stressed afterwards. Try to pace yourself.
- Take an hour a day to rest. Sleeping is not necessary, but just lying in a quiet room reading or meditating will be amazingly restorative.
- Learn to slow down: Instead of making your disease fit your life, you should readjust your life to fit your disease. You’ll feel better and will find you’re able to cope better.
- Sunlight: Adequate exposure to natural sunlight is important for immune system health. Studies show that a deficiency of vitamin D associated with decreased exposure to sunlight is linked to different autoimmune disorders.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity can cause inflammation in the body, which can activate the immune system.
- Quit smoke. Research shows that smoking doubles your risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
Yoga Recommendations for Auto Immune Diseases:
Following Yoga Asanas and Pranayama will benefit you a lot in managing Auto Immune diseases:
- Surya Namaskar
- Shitali Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Sitkari Pranayama