- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendations for Anxiety
Diet Recommendations for Anxiety:-
- Eat a healthy, whole foods diet with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Keep away from processed foods and eat more natural products, these will lift your moods and calm anxiety.
- Drinking alcohol seems to have a calming effect short term, but it dehydrates the body, leaving the body feeling more anxious than ever. So you should never turn to alcohol to alleviate anxiety.
- Avoid fizzy drinks which are loaded with sugar, instead drink plenty of water.
- Avoid too much caffeine, there is no need to give it up completely, just try in moderate quantity.
- Foods to eat: Vegetables, Wholegrain foods, Brown Rice, Beans, Turkey, Chicken, Cottage Cheese, Fresh Fish, Poached Egg, Tuna, Fruit, Porridge, Baked potato, Peanut butter, Garlic, Spinach
- Foods to avoid: Fizzy drinks, processed food, White bread, Chips, Pastry, Cakes, Caffeine, Sugar, Alcohol, Chocolate, Cheese, Fast Food
- Eat nuts, beans and vegetables which are high in magnesium, like mustard greens, summer squash, broccoli, blackstrap molasses, halibut, turnip greens, pumpkin seeds and peppermint; cucumber, green beans, celery, kale and a variety of seeds, including sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and flax seeds. Magnesium is essential for managing the blood pressure and psychological health.
- Pickles, yoghurt and other acid forming foods are not good for you.
- Take proper quantity of saturated fats: Saturated fats have a great role in calming down the agitated mind and proper signal transmission in nerves.
- Minimize consumption of spices. Your food should be calming in nature not too much exciting.
Lifestyle Recommendations for Anxiety:
- Good sleep: You should have a deep and long sleep. A proper sleep relaxes both body and the mind. It improves your mood and recovers the ability of mind to deal with daily stress.
- Spend some time with your near and dears. It works as a great anxiety barrier.
- Listen music: Listening music decrease blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety levels. It is also good to reduce stress for an healthy fellow as well as a stressed and anxious one.
- Take a break from routine work and spend some time close to nature.
- Avoid all situations which are source of stress in the home and office
- Replace unnecessary time-consuming chores with pleasurable or interesting activities.
- Make time for recreation. This is as essential as paying bills or shopping for groceries.
- Keep on learning come thing new all the times.
Yoga Recommendations for Anxiety:
Yoga is beneficial for both physical and mental levels. After practice of yoga body release of endorphins, the natural chemicals in the body which produce a feeling of well-being. Regular practice of yoga and Pranayama trim down the intensity and frequency of painful emotions.
- Urdavmukh svanasan
- Baddha konasana
- Anuloma Pranayama
- Viloma Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama