- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendations for Anal Fissure
Diet recommendations for Anal Fissure:-
- The best way for avoiding anal fissures is to have a healthy and well balanced diet. This diet contains fruits, vegetables, whole grain and drinking eight to ten glasses of water. Increase intake of fiber, this keeps stools soft and promotes healing. For fibrous foods, look to fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Oily foods, spicy foods, junk foods and fast foods should be avoided.
- Eat about 4 dried prunes after each meal, when possible
- Minimize consumption of dairy products.
- No alcohol and coffee during the healing process.
- Include fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole grains in your diet each day. These foods are high in fiber. Proper fiber content in diet makes the stool of loose consistency as a result the bowel movement will be comfortable.
- Non- vegetarian diet is nil in fiber content so you should avoid non – vegetarian diet.
- Avoid sharp foods that may not be well-digested (i.e., nuts, popcorn, tortilla chips)
- Drink adequate quantity of fluids, try to take hot water every time you are taking some water.
- Schedule time each day for a bowel movement. Having a daily routine may help. Take your time and do not strain when having a bowel movement.
- Stool softeners or laxatives can make bowel movements more comfortable. You should never take laxatives in routine.
Lifestyle Recommendations for Anal Fissure:
- Take proper sleep it will help you greatly, at least 8 hours is necessary for your health.
- Early morning you should drink 500 ml of lukewarm water, it will start peristaltic movement and make bowel Movement easy.
- Do not strain during bowel movements, as this can open tears or cause new ones.
- Sit up straight during bowel movement, it stretched the skin less.
- Avoid using toilet papers. Use water instead, since it is more cleansing and soothing
- Don't hold bowel movements or urine
- Cleanliness - Mandatory bath, medicated cleansing wipes, whatever is possible after each and every Bowel Movement.
- Take a tub bath after every bowel movement. Sit in the tub and contract the muscle used to hold the urge for passing stool. Next, relax this muscle. Perform this contraction and relaxation every 5 minutes while in the tub. Take this bath in the tub three times a day. This exercise promotes blood flow to the area, allowing for maximum healing.
- Avoid sitting for too long. To alleviate the pain while you are sitting, use a pillow. There are many different kinds of pillow such as liquid-filled pillow, doughnut-shaped pillow and other kinds too.
- Avoid Scratching at all costs. You could get sorer and infect the area.
- Drinking alcohol, tea and coffee, and smoking should also be avoided.
- Be careful in the days when you are suffering from diarrhea and constipation, both these conditions never allow healing.
- If you are overweight it is necessary to lose extra weight because when you are obese you have a tendency to sweat extremely, between the buttocks too, making the healing process very slow.
Yoga Recommendations for Anal Fissure:
Following Yoga Asanas and Pranayama will benefit you a lot in Anal Fissure:
- Ardha halasana
- Kati chakrasana
- Anuloma Pranayama
- Viloma Pranayama