- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for Pre Menstrual Syndrome
Diet and Lifestyle are the main parts of the treatment for any of the diseases. In case of Pre Menstrual Syndrome disease this becomes more important to follow the right diet and lifestyle. Here are the general recommendations for the diet and lifestyle along with some of the Yoga postures, which can change the course of the disease.
Dietary recommendation for Pre menstrual Syndrome
Ayurvedic knowledge about diet is quite extensive. Diet contributes significantly in female chemistry. Changing one’s diet can actually be more helpful and effective than hormonal treatment.
Following tips are useful in managing Pre menstrual Syndrome:
- Eat and drink hot especially from one week before the expected menses.
- Drink hot water with meals, it will increase the fire content of the body as the bleeding is phenomenon guided by the Pitta- the fire component of the body so it will make bleeding to happen easily.
- Avoid frozen and preserved food articles
- Increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Food articles with bitter, pungent and astringent tastes should be preferred over other tastes.
- Women suffering from this disorder should specifically avoid vata aggravating a week before the menstruation. Examples include dried fish and dry meat, deep fried and very spicy foods, very cold foods, sprouts, beans, and potatoes.
Lifestyle Recommendation for Pre menstrual Syndrome
General management includes a healthy lifestyle including:
- Regular exercise is necessary to cope up the PMS symptoms
- family and friends can provide emotional support during the time of a woman's cycle
- Avoid salt, refined sugars, fried foods seven days before the menstrual period
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake
- Avoid Smoking
- Sleep is necessary to relieve stress in your life, try to get 8 hours sleep in night.
- Negative feelings like stress and tension should be avoided.
- Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation will help to calm the mind and body.
- Excessive intercourse should be avoided as well as the use of contraceptives.
- Both, excessive fasting and overeating are harmful.
Yoga recommendation for Pre Menstrual Syndrome
Yoga can prove to be an effective Pre menstrual Syndrome treatment. Some of the asana that help fight this disease include
- Surya –Namaskar
- Padmasana (Lotus pose)
- Halasana (Plough pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose)
- Shalabhasana (Locust pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- Baddha Konasana (Bound angle Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Back stretch pose)
These all the Aasanas above should be done under the guidance of our trained and qualified Yoga Practitioner and according to your Doshas and Prakruti. To know your Dosha and prakruti you will join Here