- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for PCOD
Here are the details of Recommendation of Diet,lifestyle and yoga of PCOD.
- Avoid sugary foods
- Avoid ‘diet’ foods containing harmful artificial sweeteners.
- Increase the consumption of fruit & vegetables.
- Avoid ‘diet’ foods containing harmful artificial sweeteners
- Choose whole grains, which contain all parts of the grain.
- Protein foods such as fresh fish, lean red meat, organic chicken, organic eggs or secondary protein such as whole grains and legumes should be eaten twice a day to help balance your blood glucose levels.
- Limit the intake of saturated fats that are found in red meat, chicken, deli meats and dairy foods. Avoid trans fats found in margarine, TV dinners, commercially prepared snack foods and deep fried food.
- Along with improvements in your diet, some changes to your lifestyle will also have an effect on reducing the symptoms of PCOS.
- Quit smoking. Smoking stimulates androgen production, the male hormones that exacerbate weight gain, excess facial hair and acne.
- Avoid alcohol. Alcohol places extra stress on the liver, a major organ that assists in balancing your hormone levels.
- Manage stress and anxiety. Reducing stress can help balance your hormones. Do things that you enjoy and follow your passion, whatever that may be.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking 1.5 – 2 litres of filtered water daily. This will detox your system and can reduce fluid retention problems.
- Get Moving. Perform light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Regular exercise leads to weight loss and improves your capacity to deal with stress.
Yoga helps tone up the whole reproductive system. Avoid stress and tension and gives you plenty of relaxation. Here are some effective asanas & pranayam for Pcod