- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for Muscular Dystrophy
Diet Recommendations for Muscular Dystrophy:
Muscular dystrophy (MD) is a group of inherited disorders caused by genetic defects characterized by progressive muscle weakness. Muscular dystrophy symptoms vary by the specific type of MD, but generally include an apparent lack of coordination and progressive disabling contractures of the muscles around the joints, limiting mobility.
- Wholesome diet supplemented with vitamins, amino acids, and herbs will help manage or reduce the debilitating muscular dystrophy symptoms.
- Avoid refined foods, including white bread, pasta, and sugar.
- Decrease or eliminate red meat and trans fatty acids
- Do not use cakes, cookies, crackers, French fries, onion rings, and other processed foods.
- Keep away from stimulants, including coffee, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Include in your diet good sources of protein like cold-water fish, lean meats, and beans.
- Eat plenty of antioxidant-rich foods including fruit (blueberries, cherries, tomatoes) and dark green vegetables (kale, collard greens, spinach, and green peppers).
- Cook with unsaturated oils (canola and olive oil)
- Whole grains and dried fruit are other good sources of fiber around which you should plan your meals.
Lifestyle recommendation for Muscular Dystrophy
- Drink plenty of water in your daily routine at least 8-10 glass of water daily. It helps you to drive out the toxins outside the body
- Regular practice of meditation and deep breathing exercise improves the use of oxygen at the cellular level, particularly in muscle tissue. It also gives you inner strength to fight against problems.
- You need to maintain a healthy weight and avoid obesity if you have muscular dystrophy. Weight gain is particularly difficult for people with Muscular dystrophy because of the extra pressure that's placed on already weakened muscles.
- Keep away from smoking it increase your respiratory problems.
Yoga recommendation for Muscular Dystrophy
In muscular dystrophy yoga can help you to cope up with symptoms and improve the quality of life. Regular practice of yoga can improves blood circulation and strengthens the weakening muscles.
- Surya Namaskar
Articles you should read: