- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for IBS
Diet and Lifestyle are the main parts of the treatment for any of the diseases. In case of IBS disease this becomes more important to follow the right diet and lifestyle. Here are the general recommendations for the diet and lifestyle along with some of the Yoga postures, which can change the course of the disease.
Diet Recommendation for IBS
No two bodies are the same, there is no one-size-fits-all IBS diet. However, with some basic information about how your body works and what your body needs, you can begin to develop a diet that maximizes your chances of easing your IBS symptoms.
- A light diet is advised.
- Indigestible foods such as bread; cheese; red meat; and cold, hard, and raw foods should be avoided.
- A light fast can be helpful taking only vegetable soups and a little basmati rice and green gram beans.
- Herbs like ginger, fennel, and cumin that stimulate enzyme secretions will improve digestion, absorption, and clear ama from the digestive tract.
- Add fiber to your diet. Fiber will absorb water and add bulk to the large intestine, making bowel movements easier and more frequent than you usually experience. Eat high-fiber foods such as fresh fruits (raspberries, pears, apples), fresh vegetables (peas, brussels sprouts), wheat bran, whole-grain breads and cereals, and beans (such as kidney, pinto, and garbanzo). Increase the amount of fiber in your diet slowly to avoid excess gas.
- Drink plenty of water. Also be sure to drink plenty of fluids, enough so that your urine is light yellow or clear like water. Fiber absorbs water, so drinking enough water will help keep stools soft.
Lifestyle management for IBS
- Regular practice of mind relaxing therapies such as meditation, deep breathing etc.
- Regular exercise such as walking or yoga
- Changes to the stressful situations in a person’s life
- Adequate sleep is necessary.
- Stop smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- Drink at least 8-10glass of water daily.
- Avoid caffeine and carbonated drinks because it may cause to cramps in intestine.
- Consume a good amount of Takra (Indian butter milk) in routine, Takra is said to be nectar for the digestive system
- Don’t taking heavy meals because it causes cramping and Diarrhoea so take less amount meal more frequently
- Avoid spiced food articles , artificial sweeteners (Like sorbitol) and preservatives
Home remedies for IBS
- Drink ginger tea or eat ginger raw to reduce inflammation. It is commonly taken for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- Prepare a tea by boiling one teaspoon of flaxseed in a cup of water. Drink it at night. It is also effective home remedy for irritable bowel syndrome
- Take one teaspoon of psyllium husks (isabgol) with half cup of fresh buttermilk one hour after dinner.
- Regular intake of one teaspoon of Amlaki Powder is beneficial for Ibs
Take pomegranate seeds with black salt. It is also a good natural cure for irritable bowel syndrome