- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for Hypothyroidism
Diet and Lifestyle are the main parts of the treatment for any of the diseases. In case of Cellulite disease this becomes more important to follow the right diet and lifestyle. Here are the general recommendations for the diet and lifestyle along with some of the Yoga postures, which can change the course of the disease.
Diet Recommendations for Hypothyroidism:
There is a direct involvement of the metabolism in this condition, so this condition should be treated properly by diet. Here are the dietary recommendations for hypothyroidism.
- A healthy diet for hypothyroidism would include natural foods, whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables and a good supply of seafood and other lean protein. You should cut back on meats that are high in fat -but not all meats are bad for you.
- Fiber rich diet: your diet should have an adequate quantity of fibers. Reasonable quantity of fibers will help you lose weight, in addition to being helpful for constipation.
- Give preference to whole grains, also known as complex carbohydrates, over refined grains. These will help maintain your blood sugar stable and will make you feel fuller.
- A Diet with More Meals: The ideal diet for hypothyroidism will include mini meals spread out through the day rather than three larger meals. If you eat five or six small meals it will help balance the slow metabolism.
Your diet should include good quantity of water, fruits and vegetables and fewer things such as pasta, bread and starches.
- Foods you should avoid: Since you should avoid starch that means potatoes and corn are also to be avoided. Your diet should not include raw foods such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, kale, spinach, peaches, pears, strawberries, sweet potatoes, lima beans, turnips, rutabaga, radishes, peanuts, flax seeds, soy products, and millet as these fruits, veggies, greens and grains are thought to increase your chances of developing goiter.
- Besides this all stimulants like coffee, caffeinated drinks, smoking and alcohol should also be avoided as these greatly inhibit thyroid function. Also, use various stress management techniques to cut stress as much as you can, as the effects of stress on health lead to a serious thyroid dysfunction.
- The best diet for hypothyroidism includes: brown rice, whole grains, bran, oatmeal, carrots, onion, spinach, asparagus, avocado, olive oil, apricots, bananas, sunflower seeds and oily fish. Lean protein from chicken, turkey and trimmed red meats are OK too.
- More than anything else, the best diet for hypothyroidism includes the regular use of coconut oil, as it supports your thyroid function increasing your metabolism with up to 25 %.
Recommended Yoga for Hypothyroidism:
Yoga is a great exercise, which brings balance in the body mind axis and also controls the metabolism rate of the body, so Yoga always proves to be a strong part of the treatment of hypothyroidism. If Yoga and Ayurveda are clubbed properly for the treatments, it can prove more than a miracle for any of the patient.
- Surya Namaskar
- Ardha Halasana
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Kapal Bhati
- Anuloma- Pranayama
- Viloma Pranayama
If you are confused that what Yoga will be more beneficial for you to get rid of all these problems, then join eVaidyaJi membership and know complete Yoga plan according to your Doshas!