- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for High Cholesterol
Lipids are sourced from the foods only so it is important to manage the diet properly to ensure the right level of the lipids in the body. Here are the dietary recommendations for the condition of hyperlipidemia.
Diet Recommendations for Hyperlipidemia:
- The foods that can help control cholesterol include cold-water fish, such as mackerel, sardines, and salmon. These fish contain omega-3 fatty acids that may lower triglycerides.
- A supplement known as psyllium can help you increase your soluble fiber intake. Made from seed grain husks, psyllium helps absorb water and cholesterol from your intestines and improve the ratio of HDL to LDL.
- Soy foods and food products (e.g., tofu, soy butter, edamame, some soy burgers, etc.) are likely to have beneficial effects on lipids and cardiovascular health because they are low in saturated fats and high in unsaturated fats.
- Garlic — it helps in managing the lipid level in normal. You should use Garlic in your eatings.
- Select only the leanest meats, poultry, fish and shellfish. Choose chicken and turkey without skin. Some fish, like cod, have less saturated fat than either chicken or meat.
- Dry peas, beans and tofu can be used as meat substitutes that are low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Dry peas and beans also have a lot of fiber, which can help to lower blood cholesterol.
- Egg yolks are high in dietary cholesterol. You should minimize the consumption of egg yolk as it is high in cholesterol content. Egg whites have no cholesterol, and can be substituted for whole eggs in recipes.
- You should minimize the use of saturated fats. But it never means that you should totally avoid saturated fats. Reasonable quantity of saturated fats like Ghee, Fresh butter should there in your eatings.
- Select vegetable oils that are high in unsaturated fats, such as sesame, mustard, sunflower, canola, corn, olive, peanut, safflower, soybean, and sunflower oils.
- Fruits and vegetables are very low in saturated fat and total fat, and have no cholesterol. Fruits and vegetables should be eaten as snacks, desserts, salads, side dishes, and main dishes.
- Select whole grain breads and rolls whenever possible. They have more fiber than white breads.
- Limit sweet baked goods that are made with saturated fat from butter, eggs, and whole milk such as croissants, pastries, muffins, biscuits, butter rolls, and doughnuts.
Lifestyle recommendations for Hyperlipidemia:
- Excess weight can decrease your HDL cholesterol, and losing excess weight can lower your LDL levels.
- Quit smoking. Smoking lowers HDL, narrows your blood vessels, and injures your blood vessel walls. All of these effects can speed hardening of the arteries.
Yoga Recommendations for High Cholesterol:
High levels of the stress and low levels of the oxygen intake are two main important causes behind the increased and uncontrolled levels of the cholesterol in the body. Amazingly Yoga is the best remedy for both these things and it make you healthy in all aspects. Here are some of the main Asanas which are helpful to reduce the high levels of cholesterol.
- Ardha Halasana
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
Perhaps these two articles will help you to understand the Cholesterol properly and you will learn how you can burn all the extra fats from the body by Yoga