- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for High Blood Pressure
Controlling the blood pressure is not alone a matter of some medicines alone. If you are controlling your blood pressure alone with some medicines or supplements, then you should "alarm" yourself because it is never enough. Blood pressure leaves so many bad effects on the body that you need to do everything extra to avoid all these problematic conditions. Here are the Diet, Lifestyle, Yoga and some useful remedies for you to know about, to control your blood pressure with in normal limits.
Diet for High Blood Pressure:
- Eat your food warm and freshly cooked.
- Eat just the right amount, neither too much nor too little.
- Combine your foods well. Wrong combinations are always bad for heart.
- Eat in pleasant and peaceful surroundings.
- Salt should be reduced from the diet. Hot and spicy foods should also be avoided. Instead of common salt; you should use Saindhava (Rock Salt); but that also should not be too high in quantity.
- Instead of hydrogenated fats, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats must be used. These include oils of sesame, mustard, olive, flaxseed and groundnut (these oils also should not be refined). Ghee and fresh butter made from cow's milk are also beneficial.
- Sweets and chocolates must be minimized.
- Red meats must be avoided. But white meats, especially fish are beneficial in lowering blood pressure.
- Cut back on frozen dinners, pizza, canned soups, broths and salad dressings, which are high in sodium.
- If you drink alcohol, do it in moderation (maximum 1-2drinks per day). Bad things are to avoid. Alcohol consumption should always be after taking meals never empty stomach.
- You should include Garlic, lemon, parsley, Indian Gooseberry, Grape fruit, watermelon, Dairy: Milk, Cottage cheese, clarified butter in your eatings.
Lifestyle modifications for High Blood Pressure
- Quit smokinkg smoking and blood pressure make a deadly combination together. If one plus one is 2 in normal cases here it is 4 with smoking and high blood pressure. You are at risk of stroke, heart attack and arterial damage with blood pressure and smoking adds some 500% more chances in this.
- Maintain a healthy weight; if you are overweight, lose some. Being overweight increases your risk of high blood pressure by six to eight times.
- Be more physically active. Fit some light activity into your daily routine like taking a walk at lunchtime or dinner, using the stairs instead of the elevator etc.
Yoga for High Blood Pressure:
Yoga should be the main part of your daily activities. Where normal exercise will shoot up your blood pressure to abnormal, while working out- contrary to this Yoga will maintain your Blood pressure. Secondly Yoga is a matter where Body and Mind both are involved equally and when you talk about Body an Mind together there cannot be nothing better than Yoga! Keep practicing Yoga and you will be amazed that how much some deep breathes will change your life and your Blood Pressure.
- Ardha Halasana
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
Don't Do: KAPAL BHASTRIKA, SARVANGASANA and SHISHASANA in case of High Blood Pressure!
To know more about DIET- LIFESTYLE and YOGA you need to do in dialy life for your health and healthy body, login and profile your body with eVaidyaJi Wellness. To know more click here