- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for Constipation
Diet and Lifestyle are the main parts of the treatment for any of the diseases. In case of Constipation this becomes more important to follow the right diet and lifestyle. Here are the general recommendations for the diet and lifestyle along with some of the Yoga postures, which can change the course of the disease.
Diet recommendation for Constipation:
- Your diet should be light and easily digestible.
- Plenty of fruits, vegetables and salads should be included in diet
- Always use freshly cooked food, and chew food thoroughly.
- Eat only when hungry and maintain at least four hours between meals.
- Use Vata spices to make the food easy to digest.
- Whole grain bread and cereals
- Avoid dry foods. Your food must contain adequate amounts of oil or ghee in it.
- Fried foods, beans, gas forming vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, nuts and dried fruits should be kept away from.
- Do not blend too many kinds of foods in one meal.
- Avoid excess use of high fibre diet and green leafy vegetables to prevent gas formation in bowel.
Lifestyle recommendation for Constipation:
- Avoid smoking tobacco,
- Don’t consume too much tea and coffee
- Don’t ignore the urge of bowel movement.
- Regular physical work out is also vital for maintaining proper bowel movements.
- Sleeping hours should be synchronized and efforts should be made to have a sound sleep
- You should take adequate quantity of water. It is very important to keep the intestines working well.
- Keep the water overnight in a copper vessel and drink it when you wake up in the morning. If you take this water lukewarm that will be much better.
- Do not eat when you are not feeling hungry.
- Avoid excess use of laxative medicine because it suppress the bowel movements.
- Try to avoid stress and; relax your mind.