- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Recommendation for Allergy
Diet recommendations for Allergy:-
- In Allergy emphasis is given on hypoallergenic foods. These foods include lamb, pears, apples, rice, most vegetables, most beans and legumes (except peanuts) and the non-gluten grains (for example, millet, quinoa, and amaranth).
- As sweeteners honey, maple syrup or brown rice syrup are allowed. In beverages include rice milk, pear nectar, chamomile tea, and clean water (without any added sweeteners) can be taken.
- You should eat organic food and totally avoid processed food.
- Do not eat soy products.
- Avoid cooking foods in microwave. It alters the structure of the foods adversely.
- Do not consume genetically modified food in any way. Consumption of the genetically modified foods increases the risks of Auto immune diseases.
- For cooking purpose you should use sesame oil, mustard oil or coconut oil.
- All the vegetables should be properly cooked so that it is easier to digest. Proper digestion will help in correcting the immune responses.
- Foods to be avoided: Wheat, corn, cow's milk, eggs, dairy products, peanuts, and soy foods are among the most common food allergens.
- Food containing artificial food additives, such as monosodium glutamate, sulphites, and food colourings should be avoided.
- As a Preventive measure Babies should be breastfed at least for 4 months. Longer the period of breast feeding better the prevention will for the allergic conditions.
Lifestyle Recommendations for Allergy:
- Germs are not so bad for us: being too much cautious about hygiene and giving too much protection to child does not allow his immune system properly. If we are not giving any chance to the defense system to fight how it can be strong. We should understand why allergic problems are very less prevalent among the children of farmers.
- Avoid prolonged sitting especially before Television: All allergic problems are more prevalent among children who pass more time before television instead of playing out door games. It also applies to elders also with sedentary lifestyle. So you should have an active lifestyle.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol also interferes with the immune system Avoidance of alcohol intake has positive inputs in allergy treatment.
- Smoking: Cigarette smoke contains numerous toxic chemicals and irritants which might initiate an allergic response. So you should totally avoid smoking.
- Healthy weight management: It is well-documented fact that weight gain and obesity are directly related to allergies. Increased weight and body mass will lead to alterations in immune responses of the body which result in allergy. It is, therefore, must for a fellow suffering from allergy to look for status of their nutrition and fitness with an eye towards healthy, balanced interventions.
- Always read on the labels: Always read food labels to make sure they don't contain an ingredient you're allergic to. Even if you think you know what's in a food, check the label. Ingredients sometimes change.
- When in doubt, say no thanks. At restaurants and social gatherings, you're always on risk of taking the allergenic food item. You should be very serious about this thing as tiny particle of allergenic food can create a life threatening situation. If you are suspicious; it is best to just avoid.
- Involve caretakers. If your child has food allergy, make aware to all of your relatives, baby sitters, teachers and other caretakers about this. They should be clear about the conditions and what to do in an emergency. Let them to know all the preventive measures like careful hand-washing, and cleaning any surfaces that might have come in contact with the allergy-causing food.
Yoga Recommendations for Allergy:
Yoga Asanas and Pranayama are of great use in treatment for all allergic problems. Following Yoga Asanas and Pranayama are especially beneficial:
- Surya Namaskar
- Urdhva Mukha Swanasana
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Surya Bhedana Pranayama
Articles you should read: