- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Home Remedies For Asthma
Asthma is a condition which appears all of a sudden as an "attack". You never know when this will attack you and for a safer side you need some knowledge about some of the useful home remedies for Asthma, because these can relieve you in difficult conditions. Here are some of the home remedies for bronchial asthma!
Home remedies for Asthma:
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 teaspoon of dalchini powder and have it before going to bed at night. This will help in preventing the attack of asthma at night.
- Boil carom ajwain in water and inhale the steam.
- A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice, mixed with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste, acts as an excellent expectorant. The decoction of fenugreek can be made by mixing one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a cupful of water. This remedy should be taken once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Honey is one of the most common home remedies for asthma. It is said that if a jug of honey is held under the nose of an asthma patient and he inhales the air that comes into contact with it, he starts breathing easier and deeper.
- The juice of one lemon, diluted in a glass of water and taken with meals, will bring good results
- Five grams of gooseberry mixed with one tablespoon of honey forms an effective medicinal tonic for asthma. It should be taken every morning
- Ten garlic cloves, boiled in 30 ml of milk, make an excellent medicine for the early stages of asthma. This mixture should be taken once daily.
- Steaming ginger tea with two minced garlic cloves in it, can also help to keep the problem under control, and should be taken in the morning and evening.
- Half a teaspoon of bishop's weed should be mixed in a glass of buttermilk and taken twice daily. It is an effective remedy for relieving difficult expectoration caused by dried-up phlegm. A hot poultice of the seeds should be used for dry fomentation to the chest twice daily.
- The patient can also inhale steam twice a day from boiling water mixed with carom seeds. It will dilate the bronchial passages.
- Take one teaspoon of garlic juice and mix the juice in a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this medicine daily after breakfast and after dinner.
- Take 'Shunthi powder'1/4 tea spoon +'Kali mirch' 1/6+Rock salt 1/4 teaspoon+ 5 leaves of 'Tulsi' Boil this mixture in 200 ml water reducing it to 50 ml. Filter and sip it.
- Take a mixture of 1 tablespoon of water and 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice twice a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 teaspoon of Indian bay leaf (Cinnamomum tamala) powder and have it before going to bed at night. This will help you in preventing the attack of asthma at night.
- Make paste of Black resin, dates, long Pippli (Piper longum) and honey, in equal quantity. Take one teaspoonful of it morning and evening with warm milk.
?These are not for treatment purpose, these all home remedies can help you in certain conditions, where you dont have much choices, to know more about the treatment and medicines for Asthma, please follow the links below-