- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Ayurvedic Treatment for Slip Disc
Non surgical methods
- Patient education on proper body mechanics
- Physical therapy, to address mechanical factors, and may include modalities to temporarily relieve pain (i.e. traction, electrical stimulation, massage)]
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Oral steroids (e.g. prednisone or methylprednisolone)
- Epidural (cortisone) injection
- Intravenous sedation, analgesia-assisted traction therapy (IVSAAT)
- Weight control
- Tobacco cessation
- Lumbosacral back support
Surgical methods Surgery should only be considered as a last resort after all conservative treatments (non-surgical therapy) have been tried, that did not alleviate the pain and heal the disc herniation. Also, surgery is indicated if a patient has a significant neurological deficit. The presence of cauda equina syndrome (in which there is incontinence, weakness and genital numbness) is considered a medical emergency requiring immediate attention and possibly surgical decompression.
Complications of Surgery
- Partial or complete loss of leg movement
- Partial or complete loss of sensation in the leg
- Recurrent or unnoticed injury to the leg
- Side effects of medications
A comprehensive treatment plan should be made keeping in view the duration, onset, risk factors of the disease, and a goal of early return of the patient to maximum routine functions. The treatment of sciatica in Ayurveda is based on a set of principles involving Ayurvedic medicines, Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy and Ayurvedic Herbs.
- Panchakarma Procedures like Kati Basti, Patra Pottali, Swedana, and Basti treatment are useful Panchakarma procedure in Slip Disc. These Procedures provides proper lubrication to the back bone hence maintaining easiness in movementsand alleviates stiffness from back bone.
- Ayurvedic Formulations: Tryodashang Guggulu, Vishtinduk Vati, Arthcare capsule, Arthcare Tea are useful Ayurveda formulations in Slip Disc. Punarnavadi guggulu is beneficial if patient have stasis edema. Due to these medicine muscle tension released and nourishes the lower back. It alleviates pressure from the nerves passing through this region thus relieves pain
Ayurvedic Herbs: Guggul, Shallki, are some of the Ayurveda herbs which are useful in Slip Disc treatment.