- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypotension
Treatment of Hypotension according to modern health sciences:
Hypotension treatment always depends on its basic reasons. If a person does not have any problem there is no requirement of any type of treatment. If there are visible sign and symptoms of hypotension then the treatment will be according to the cause. The line of treatment will be as follows:
- In mild cases, where the patient is still responsive, laying the person in dorsal decubitus (lying on the back) position and lifting the legs will increase venous return, thus making more blood available to critical organs at the chest and head.
Volume resuscitation (usually with crystalloid)
- If there is dehydration in the body adding some electrolytes to relieve symptoms will be the line of treatment.
- Hypotension resulting from blood loss will require intravenous fluid and blood transfusion.
- Blood pressure support with a vasopressor (medicines which constrict the blood vessels thus elevate the blood pressure.)
- Ensure adequate tissue perfusion
- Addressing the underlying problem (i.e. antibiotic for infection, stent or CABG (coronary artery bypass graft surgery) for infarction, steroids for adrenal insufficiency, etc...)
Medium-term treatments of hypotension include:
- Blood sugar control (80-150 by one study)
- Early nutrition (by mouth or by tube)
- Steroid support
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hypotension:
Ayurveda always recommends working on the root cause of the problem so that the problem can be eradicated completely. Ayurveda understand Hypotension as condition of Rasa Kshaya i.e. a health condition where the body is lacking the Rasa Dhatu – the essence part of the food stuffs. The signs of Rasa Kshaya i.e. palpitation with small physical works, excess of thirst, dryness in mouth, pain in heart region, dislike for high volume voice clearly indicate towards the decreased nutritive level of the body.
So the aim of treatment for Hypotension will be to ensure proper nutrition to each and every part of the body. We at eVaidyaJi.com have developed such formulation which not only ensure proper nutrition to the while body but also improve the energy level.
Articles you should read: