- Ayurvedic Diet
- Ayurveda Treatment
- Women Health
- Kid Health
Ayurvedic Treatment for Anal fissure
The goal of treatment for anal fissures is to break the cycle of spasm of the anal sphincter and its repeated tearing:
Management by Modern Medication:-
- Anesthetics and steroids: Topical anesthetics are recommended especially prior to a bowel movement to reduce the pain of defecation. The use of steroids should be limited to two weeks because longer use will result in thinning of the anoderm (atrophy), which makes it more susceptible to trauma.
- Nitroglycerin: Ointments with the muscle relaxant, nitroglycerin (glyceryl trinitrate), have been tried and found to be effective in healing anal fissures. When ointments containing nitroglycerin are applied to the anal canal, the nitroglycerin diffuses across the anoderm and relaxes the internal sphincter and reduces the pressure in the anal canal. The usual side effects are headache (due to dilation of blood vessels in the head) or light-headedness (due to a drop in blood pressure).
- Calcium channel blocking drugs. Ointments containing calcium channel blocking drugs relax the muscles of the internal sphincter. They also expand the blood vessels of the anoderm and increase the flow of blood.
- Botulinum toxin: Botulinum toxin (Botox) relaxes (actually paralyzes) muscles. The toxin is injected into the external sphincter, the internal sphincter, the intersphincteric groove (an indentation just inside the anus that demarcates the dividing line between external and internal sphincters), or into the fissure itself. The primary side effect of botulinum toxin is weakness of the sphincters with varying degrees of incontinence (leakage of stool) that usually is transient. Other side effects are not common.
- Surgical treatment: Surgical procedures are generally reserved for people with anal fissure who have tried medical therapy for at least one to three months and have not healed. It is not the first option in treatment. The main concern with surgery is the development of anal incontinence. Anal incontinence can include inability to control gas, mild fecal soiling, or loss of solid stool.
Where none of the above method of treatment neither address the root cause of the problem nor is completely safe. Ayurveda is more promising with the treatment of Anal Fissure and that too in a safe manner, without any side effect and along with this Ayurvedic Treatment for Anal Fissure is completely is a cure and there will be minimal chances of recurrences.
How does Ayurveda treat anal fissure:-
There are three different steps for the natural cure of the anal fissure! Ayurveda believes in step by step complete scientific treatment of the problem not just relief from some annoying signs and symptoms. These steps are as follows-
- Healing of the wound: Pain, itching and uneasiness in the anal region are the main manifestations of the Anal fissure and these create a lot of uneasiness to a patient, so the first step is to relive someone from all these symptoms of the Anal fissure so that a patient can manage his life properly. For this main important thing is to heal the wound- the fissure- which is moreover a cut in the skin of the anal ring. Quick healing of this wound is hard because during defecation (passing of stool) it is again injured and it causes a lot of problems with a patient. This is the reason Ayurveda recommends to heal it with the best antibiotic, which is friendly to your body and never leaves any side effect on the body.
- Softening of the Stool : This is the second step, because improper bowel movements are the basic cause of the Anal Fissure. This might be frequent defecation or constipation, whenever there are problems with the digestive system, it causes a lot of problems with the anus and can cause anal fissure. In this the main part is the softening of the stool in this step, so that hard stool will stop hurting the anus skin and will not complicate the condition of the Anal Fissure.
- Proper Bowel Movements: These are the toxins in the system, which cause a lot of problems with the digestive system and until unless these toxins stay in the body these will keep on creating problems with the body- either anal fissure or some other conditions. So with Ayurvedic Treatment we aim to remove this underlying cause completely out of the body, so that problem will never recur in future and there wont be any complications of the problem.
Our team at eVaidyaJi Wellness have designed a complete treatment program for the natural cure of the Anal Fissure, check here - Natural Cure of Anal Fissure.
For adults, the following will help prevent anal fissures:
- Avoiding straining when defecating: This includes treating and preventing constipation by eating food rich in dietary fiber, drinking enough water, occasional use of a stool softener, and avoiding constipating agents such as caffeine. Similarly, prompt treatment of diarrhea may reduce anal strain.
- Careful anal hygiene after defecation, including using soft toilet paper and/or cleaning with water.
- In cases of pre-existing or suspected fissure, use of a lubricating ointment can be helpful.
In infants, frequent diaper change can prevent anal fissure. As constipation can be a cause, making sure the infant is drinking enough fluids (i.e. breast milk, proper ratios when mixing formulas).
Articles You Should also Read: